How to share access to your Google My Business Account
In the past few years, Google has made it easier to share access to your Google My Business or as many refer it to, Google Maps listing. Whether you’re giving access to your office manager or a new marketing firm that has taken over, here is the way to do it.
Go To Google My Business
As of today, CLICK HERE to open up the official page.
WARNING: If you are doing a Google search for Google My Business there might be ads that come up. Be sure you are logging into the right place by checking the URL. Make sure the URL contains ‘google’ in it.
Log In with the SAME email you used to create the listing,
typically a GMAIL account
When you log in, be sure that you are logging with the same email you used to create the listing.
Still don’t see your listing?
You might be logged into multiple Gmail accounts, click on the top right to be sure that you are in the right account.
If you still cannot find it, please read our steps on how to get access to your Google My Business account.
Once Logged In
- Select your business
- Once in your business dashboard, click the menu at the top left if it’s not opened up already.
- Click Users
- Click the + at the top right of the pop-up window
- Enter the email address of the person you want to invite
- Give them a role
- WARNING: Primary Owner & Owner roles have full access to any changes, including the removal of your access & the addition of new users.
- If you want to give someone complete access, but limit who they can remove or add, give them a Manager role.
- Click Invite or Done
They will receive an email from Google letting them know that you are inviting them to manage the listing. They need to approve the invite.
This is also the place where you can REMOVE any users or update their roles.
STILL HAVING TROUBLE?
This can get pretty frustrating when you are pressured with other tasks or if computer stuff is just not your field. Send us a request on the form below & we can try to help as much as possible.
You can also call Google for help & support.